How is your week so far?
It’s been an exceptionally busy week for me, which means I’ve got a mild stack of receipts and other paperwork to process, how about you?
For my business, I have a weekly system that keeps my paperwork in check.
In fact, I actually look forward to it because I have a secret weapon at the ready that makes my paper management process easier…
It’s called the Fujitsu ScanSnap iX500, and I consider it a life upgrade.
Here are 5 reasons why:
1) Compact Size – It’s quite compact when folded up and not in use – as pictured above – so it sits comfortably and conveniently right on my desk.
2) Ease of Use – It is ridiculously easy, straight forward and intuitive to use. Retrieving documents is also a breeze as ScanSnap creates searchable PDFs.
3) Efficient – Since it takes up to 50 documents at a time, in an assortment of sizes, scanning is quick and saves you time. There’s no more faffing about trying to scan one page at a time using a copier. (Bliss!)
4) Smart – It detects 2-sided documents and scans both sides automatically, it skips blank pages, and when there is more than one page it automatically bundles them into one PDF, saving you the extra effort.
5) Intuitive Filing – Once you’ve scanned your document(s) you get a screen prompt – see image below – inviting you to select from a choice of destinations. If scanning to ‘file’ the document in say your computer or Dropbox, create folders (or use existing ones) and it’s just like dropping a paper document into a folder in a file cabinet drawer.
For many of my clients, and possibly for you, paper is a real issue. It can seem to spread like wildfire and before you know it, your office or workspace is overrun with an array of documents, post, receipts and whatnot.
Have a quick assessment of your workspace.
What’s the state of your paper life?
There’s something about getting paperwork sorted and organised that’s incredibly liberating. And, having a bit of helpful tech to minimise the volume can make a real difference.
- Block some time this week, or weekend, to work through those stacks of papers, especially if they’ve grown arms and legs!
- Be ruthless: cull, shred, or recycle anything you don’t need.
- For the remainder, consider if a scanner such as this one, could help you free more space by housing your required documents digitally.
So if you’re in the market for a new scanner, or recently started thinking about using one, I highly recommend including the Fujitsu ScanSnap iX500 among your top choices.
Yes it’s a small investment, however the functionality is superb and well worth it.
My clients who use this very scanner rave about it as much as I do!
Let me know how you get on, or if you have any questions. I’d love to hear from you!
P.S. If you, or someone you know, needs assistance in taming your paper monster, let’s have a chat. This is one way I help my clients, so don’t sit there struggling when we can turn it around!
If you enjoyed this post sign up here to have more delivered straight to your inbox …and receive my free one-page guide: 8 Daily Habits That Will Supercharge Your Productivity
*Please note, this is an unsolicited review of the Fujitsu ScanSnap iX500. I love sharing products that I find useful that may be equally useful to you, too. Some links in this post may be affiliate links, meaning a few pennies may come my way if you make a purchase as a result of clicking the link. You won’t be charged any extra, and I assure you I only recommend what I believe to be useful or what I use myself. The photo is from my desk and that scanner isn’t going anywhere! 😉